Grow Solar Bloomington-Normal is a grassroots group purchasing program for residential and commercial solar.
Building on the success of 2016 and 2018’s Solar Bloomington-Normal, the solar group buy is back with Grow Solar Bloomington-Normal! Offered by the Ecology Action Center and the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, property owners and renters throughout McLean County, Illinois may participate in this program to pool their buying power and secure significant discounts that make installing solar more affordable.
- Start by attending a Solar Power Hour. Our free information session teaches you the basics of solar, its financial implications for your property, and how the Grow Solar Bloomington-Normal program works.
- Then, get a free, no obligation site assessment from our competitively-selected installer.
- The Solar Power Hour calendar and program updates will be posted on this page on an ongoing basis.
- In the news – WGLT: Solar Homes Expected To Top 100 This Summer
- UPDATE 10/11/19: We are just a few kilowatts (kW) shy of passing our next benchmark of 150 kW of solar capacity! When we it 150 kW the price will come down by 2% for all participants!
SOLAR POWER HOURS
(All are free and open to the public)
BROUGHT TO YOU BY