Offered by the Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) with support from Twin Cities communities, our solar group buy program provides home and business owners in the metro the opportunity to pool their solar buying power to secure significant discounts that make installing solar even more affordable.
PROGRAM PARTICIPATION DEADLINE:
- Homeowners, businesses and nonprofits that signed up for a no-obligation solar site assessment by September 30, 2019 have until Sunday, November 24th at midnight to authorize a contract with TruNorth Solar, our competitively selected solar installer.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Sign up before September 30, 2019 to receive a no-cost or obligation site assessment.
- If you signed up for a solar site assessment TruNorth Solar will contact you to discuss your solar interests.
- Next, TruNorth Solar will assess your home or businesses solar access to determine if it’s a good site for solar.
- TruNorth Solar will then contact you to request from you 12-months of utility invoices to “right-size” the system for you!
- TruNorth Solar team will create a customized solar proposal and meet with you to present and review the details with you.
- Finally, it’s up to you to decide whether to act to go solar!
GROUP BUY PROGRAM REBATE:
- Solar ownership through our solar group buy program creates bigger rebates as higher milestones are reached.
- The current program rebate is $.21 per watt installed with the potential to reach up to $.28 per watt as participants continue to sign up!
- In addition to lower system prices through the bulk purchasing model, participants can take advantage of the federal solar investment income tax credit!
- November 5 – Deadline to participate extended to Sunday, November 24th at midnight!
- October 24 – Growing Solar in Minnesota – MREA won 1st place in the CERTs and MnSEIA Annual Video Contest, check it out here to learn more about how MREA’s solar group buy model that helps Twin Cities homeowners and businesses wanting to “go solar.”
- October 23 – 250kW Milestone reached to unlock a $.21 per watt rebate for all program participants. That’s an average savings of more than $1,600 per program participant. If you are considering going solar, now is a GREAT TIME TO ACT!
- October 1st – Deadline to participate in the program – if you are interested in going solar and reaping the benefits of the program’s group buy rebate you MUST ACT BEFORE THE END OF THE DAY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2019!
- September 30th – 150kW Milestone Reached – all participants will be eligible to receive a $.14 per watt rebate off the base cost of their new solar PV system. This represents more than $1,100 per program participant!
- September 27th – Final Weekend to SignUp for a Solar Site Assessment – go to the Sign Up link! Deadline is September 30th.
- September 20th – Only 5kW more before the 150kW Milestone is reached and triggered a $.14 per watt rebate! If you have your proposal are ready to go solar, now is a great time!
- September 19th – For those interested in going solar but have not signed up to receive your home solar site assessment, you still have time. Just go to the signup link to get the process started!
- September 10th – Attend the final Solar Twin Cities 2.0 Solar Power Hour tonight at the Brooklyn Park Community Activity Center. Begins at 6:30 PM!
- September 3rd – LAST MINNEAPOLIS SOLAR POWER HOUR | Join us at the Friendship Store | Seward Co-op located at 317 E. 38th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55409 Wednesday, September 4th at 6:30 PM to learn about solar ownership and how our solar group buy program creates bigger rebates as higher milestones are reached. Currently the program rebate is $.07 per watt installed and the chance of reaching $.21 per watt installed. Program ends September 30th, 2019.
- August 22nd – Only 40kW to go before the 150kW milestone is reached and the second rebate of $.14 per watt is achieved. Based upon the program’s current average system size of 10kW the second milestone triggers a $1,400 rebate for each homeowner, business or nonprofit organization participating in the Grow Solar Group Buy Program – Solar Twin Cities 2.0
- August 16th – SOLAR TWIN CITIES 2.0 PRESS RELEASE
- August 16th – As of today, the program has surpassed the 100kW mark and getting closer to the 150kW Milestone and greater savings for all participants!
- August 3 – GREAT NEWS! The program is already half way to the 150kW Milestone! This milestone represents a $.14 per watt rebate for program participants once it’s reached!
- July 29 – The program has reaching the 50kW Milestone! Its value is $525 ($.07 per watt for 7.5kW system) to each participant of the Solar Twin Cities 2.0 solar group buy program. Is now the time for you to go solar? If so, join us at an upcoming solar power hour!
- MREA 2019 Solar Power Hour Presentation Handout
All are free and open to the public. Click the link below to join the facebook event.
MREA 2019 Solar Power Hour Presentation Handout
PAST SOLAR POWER HOURS
6/5 – Wednesday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Oakdale City Hall | 1584 Hadley Avenue North, Oakdale 6/14 – Friday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Friendship Store – Seward Co-op | 317 East 38th Street, Minneapolis 6/19 – Wednesday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Woodbury Council Chamber Room | 8301 Valley Creek Road, Woodbury 6/20 – Thursday – 7:30 – 8:30 PM | Eden Prairie Community Center | 16700 Valley View Road, Eden Prairie 7/9 – Tuesday – 6:30 -7:30 PM | Minnetonka Community Center | 14600 Minnetonka Boulevard, Minnetonka 7/11 – Thursday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Boulevard, Plymouth 7/18 – Thursday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | City of Maplewood | 2100 White Bear Ave, Maplewood 7/23 – Tuesday– 6:30 – 7:30 PM | St. Louis Park City Hall | 5005 Minnetonka Boulevard, St. Louis Park 7/29 – Monday – 7:30 – 8:30 PM | Eden Prairie Community Center | 16700 Valley View Road, Eden Prairie 8/1 – Thursday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Lake Nokomis Community Center | 2401 East Minnehaha Parkway, Minneapolis 8/5 – Monday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Oakdale City Hall | 1584 Hadley Avenue North, Oakdale 8/8 – Thursday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Minnetonka Community Center |14600 Minnetonka Boulevard, Minnetonka 8/13 – Tuesday– 6:30 – 7:30 PM | St. Louis Park City Hall | 5005 Minnetonka Boulevard, St. Louis Park 8/15 – Thursday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | White Bear Lake City Hall | 4701 Highway 61, White Bear Lake 8/20 – Tuesday– 6:30 – 7:30 PM | St. Louis Park City Hall | 5005 Minnetonka Boulevard, St. Louis Park 9/3 – Tuesday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Friendship Store – Seward Co-op |317 East 38th Street, Minneapolis 9/5 – Thursday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Woodbury Council Chamber Room | 8301 Valley Creek Road, Woodbury 9/9 – Monday – 7:00 – 8:00 PM | Edina City Hall Council Chambers | 4801 W 50th Street, Edina 9/10 – Tuesday – 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Brooklyn Park Community Activity Center | 5600 85th Avenue North, Brooklyn Park
SPECIAL THANKS GOES OUT TO OUR COMMUNITY AND PROGRAM PARTNERS FOR BRINGING SOLAR TWIN CITIES 2.0 BACK TO THE TWIN CITIES IN 2019!