Grow Solar Metro East is a group purchasing program for residential and commercial solar.
Offered by the Madison County Resource Management Program, the Cities of Columbia and Belleville, Illinois, Lewis & Clark Community College, Glen Carbon Cool Cities Committee, Sierra Club, and the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, home and commercial property owners and renters throughout Madison County, St. Clair County, and Monroe County, Illinois may participate in this program to help pool their buying power to secure significant discounts that make installing solar more affordable. The program builds on previous years of successful programs that helped over 100 local property owners go solar.
- Start by attending a Solar Power Hour. Our free information session teaches you the basics of solar, its financial implications for your household, and how the solar group buy program works.
- Then, get a free, no obligation site assessment from our installer.
- Deadline to sign your contract and secure program pricing is October 31!
- Check back for program updates!
- UPDATE 10/11/19: We have surpassed our third and final benchmark of 250 kilowatts (kW) of solar capacity! Reaching this collective goal means the price has dropped for all participants by 3%.
SOLAR POWER HOURS
Our Solar Power Hours have ended for the 2019 season, but it’s not too late to get involved! Send an email to or to get the ball rolling on a site assessment (or fill out the form linked on the “Sign Up” page. We will start by asking you for the address of the property you’d like to add solar to as well as your last 12 months of electricity usage.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
Organizations and jurisdictions listed above fully support the Grow Solar Metro East Program. The Program follows a standard competitive public RFP process coordinated by the Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) to select a solar provider. The final decision whether to contract a solar installation is that of the home or commercial property owner. The organizations and jurisdictions listed above have no legal responsibility or hold any liability for the performance of any contract between the solar installer and residents or businesses in Madison County, Monroe County, or St. Clair County.