Offered by Michigan Interfaith Power & Light, the Groundwork Center for Resilient Communities, and the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, homeowners, business owners, and farm owners throughout the Little Traverse Bay area in Michigan, may participate in this program to pool their buying power and secure significant discounts that make installing solar more affordable for your home or property.
Grow Solar Little Traverse is an Education and Group Purchasing Program for Residential and Other Small-Scale Solar.
How to Participate
Watch a recorded Solar Power Hour to learn the basics of solar, its financial implications for your property, and how the Grow Solar Little Traverse program works. Check out our recording of the presentation below, then, get a free, no obligation site assessment from our competitively-selected installer by filling out this short form.
The video is broken up into five sections that you can toggle between by clicking on the circles.
- Section 1 introduces the program and describes what a solar group buy is.
- Section 2 is solar 101, and covers what a solar array looks like, its components, and how solar arrays interact with the larger utility grid.
- Section 3 goes over the options and considerations you should think about when building an array on your property.
- Section 4 explains the costs and incentives associated with putting up an array, as well as taking a look at a few “typical installations”.
- Section 5 wraps it up by talking about how to begin your solar journey.