Grow Solar Polk County is a grassroots residential and commercial group purchasing program for solar. Offered by the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, The Nature Conservancy, 1000 Friends of Iowa and a wide array of local organizations and municipalities, homeowners and commercial property owners throughout Polk County, Iowa may participate in this program to help pool their buying power to secure significant discounts that make installing solar more affordable.
Grow Solar Polk County
How to Participate
Are you ready to start your solar journey?
First, start by attending a Solar Power Hour. In this hour-long presentation you’ll learn the basics of solar, how it can save you money, and how the solar group buy program works. Solar Power Hours will be held virtually and in-person this year: see the schedule below and sign up today!
Already attended a Solar Power Hour and ready to schedule a free site assessment? Fill out this short form to either request a site assessment, receive important program updates directly to your inbox, or both. Click the link below!
Grow Solar Polk County Events
- 5/18 Wednesday: Solar Power Hour, 6:30-7:30 PM at Clive Special Event Building, 1801 NW 114th Street, Clive, IA – co-hosted by City of Clive
- 5/24 Tuesday: Solar Power Hour, 1-2 PM on Zoom (click to register) – co-hosted by 1000 Friends of Iowa
- 5/26 Thursday: Solar Power Hour, 6:30-7:30 PM at Granger Community Center, 2200 Walnut, St., Granger, IA – co-hosted by City of Granger
- 5/31 Tuesday: Solar Power Hour, 6:30-7:30PM at Jester Park Nature Center, 12130 NW 128th St, Granger, IA – co-hosted by Jester Park Nature Center
- 6/8 Wednesday: Solar Power Hour, 6:30-7:30PM at West Des Moines City Hall Council Chambers, 4200 Mills Civic Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA – co-hosted by City of West Des Moines
- 6/16 Thursday: Solar Power Hour, 6:30-7:30 PM at Urbandale City Hall, 3600 86th St, Urbandale, IA – co-hosted by City of Urbandale
- 6/18 Saturday: Solar Power Hour, 1:00-2:00 p.m. at Plymouth United Methodist Church, Waveland Hall, 4126 Ingersoll Avenue Des Moines, IA – co-hosted by Interfaith Green Coalition and Des Moines Citizens Task Force on Sustainability
- 6/22 Wednesday: Solar Power Hour, 2-3 PM on Zoom (click to register) – co-hosted by Greater Des Moines Partnership
- 6/29 Wednesday: Solar Power Hour, 6:30-7:30 PM at Riley Resource Group, 4400 East University Avenue, Pleasant Hill, IA – co-hosted by City of Pleasant Hill
More dates to be added soon… stay tuned!