Grow Solar Central Wisconsin Virtual Resource Packet
We’ve taken all the resources we go through during our Solar Power Hour and compiled them here so you can take a deeper look into some aspects of solar.
Solar 101 Resources
- Presentation slides are available here. The on-demand video version of the presentation can be found below.
- See if your home is good for solar by checking out Google Project Sunroof. This tool is good for a general analysis of your roof’s solar opportunity, but it is not reliable for cost estimates.
- Learn more about net metering from Energy Sage.
Solar Incentives and Financing
- The Focus on Energy rebate is available to Wisconsin residents. Residential customers can receive up to $500 to offset the interconnect and permitting costs of installing a solar electric system. Business customers can save up to $50,000, and agricultural producers can earn up to $10,000 more for their solar electric system. Visit their website to track the current funds available.
- The federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit is open to all homeowners regardless of the state in which they live. The tax credit covers up to 26% of qualified expenditures. This includes labor, installation and interconnection wiring. You must own the house but it doesn’t have to be your principal residence. Click here for more information (and to download the necessary tax form) to learn about the Federal Tax Credit.
- The Clean Energy Credit Union, which was founded in 2017 for the purpose of helping folks finance renewable energy and electric vehicle purchases. It is a member-based credit union which MREA is a member of. If you choose to go geothermal through this program you will have access to financing through the Clean Energy Credit Union. Learn about their rates and terms here.
- There is the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program that enables commercial property owners to obtain low-cost, long-term loans for energy efficient, renewable energy, and water conservation improvements. Find out if you are eligible here: https://www.pacewi.org/property-owners-eligible-projects.html
Pre-Recorded Solar Power Hour
Our Virtual Power Hour presentation will help you understand more about solar technology, the Grow Solar Central Wisconsin program, and the costs and benefits of going solar. At the end of the virtual presentation you can sign up for a free site assessment.