Solar Urbana-Champaign Virtual Resource Packet
We’ve taken all the resources we go through during our Solar Power Hour and compiled them here so you can take a deeper look into all aspects of solar.
Solar 101 Resources
- Presentation Slides are available here. The on-demand video version of the presentation can be found below.
- Make sure you are asking all the right questions by reviewing the Citizens Utility Board of Illinois (CUB’s) Guide to Rooftop Solar.
- See if your home is good for solar by checking out Google Project Sunroof. This tool is good for a general analysis of your roof’s solar opportunity, but it is not reliable for cost estimates.
- Learn more about net metering from Energy Sage, or check out this blog post from StraightUp Solar.
Solar in Illinois
- Illinois Power Agency’s informational brochure for residential solar, en Español aqui.
- Solar for All – New low income solar program in Illinois
- Community Solar – A new Illinois program expanding solar benefits to renters & homes not suitable for solar, learn more at www.SolarInTheCommunity.com
- Homeowners Associations can’t block you from going solar in Illinois; view the full text of the Homeowners’ Energy Policy Statement Act
Solar Incentives and Financing
- Go to the Illinois Shines website to learn more about how the program provides payments in exchange for 15 years of Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) from a utility contracted to buy the RECs.
- Learn about the 2020 26% Federal Tax Credit and find the necessary tax forms for your new system.
- Brief video explaining the Federal Tax Credit
- Check out solar financing options from the Clean Energy Credit Union, or learn more from Energy Sage.
- Questions about your state incentive SRECs? Check out our SREC Contract FAQ.
Pre-Recorded Solar Power Hour
Our Virtual Power Hour presentation will help you understand more about solar technology, the Solar Urbana-Champaign program, and the costs and benefits of going solar. At the end of the virtual presentation you can sign up for a free site assessment.